If you’re looking to drive your own private vehicle then you’ll need to have a Non-professional driver’s license. Below are the qualifications, requirements, and procedures of obtaining a Non-professional driver’s license.
QUALIFICATIONS you need to apply for a Non-professional driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must not be a drug user or an alcoholic
- Must be literate in either Filipino or English.
- Must be clean, neat and presentable (don’t wear underskirt/sando alone, sports shorts, and slippers during examinations and picture-taking)
Below are list of REQUIREMENTS you need for a Non-professional driver’s license application.
- Student permit (at least 1 month old to be valid)
- Filled out driver’s license application form (ADL)
- Medical certificate and negative drug test result that’s not more than 15-days old (from a DOH, LTO accredited drug testing center or hospital, or any duly licensed and practicing physician)
- Must have passed the written (click here to prepare for your written exam) and practical examinations.
- If employed: Taxpayer’s identification number (TIN)
STEPS and PROCEDURES to obtain a Non-professional driver’s license.
- In your nearest LTO licensing center, proceed to the customer service counter and secure a driver’s license application form. You can also download the ADL form here and have it filled out before transacting to any LTO office.
- Get a checklist of requirements and a queue number from LTO customer service counter and wait for your number to be called.
- Once your number is called, go to the evaluator counter to submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- When your name is called, proceed to where your photo and signature would be taken.
- Go to the cashier and pay the application fee.
- Proceed to the Lecture Room for the lecture and written exam.
- After you’ve passed the practical exam, proceed to the waiting area and go to the cashier once your name is called and pay for all the necessary fees to obtain an official receipt (OR)
- Proceed to the releasing counter once your name is called and present the OR to claim your Professional driver’s license.
Fees and charges
|Fees and charges||Amount in Php|
|Application fee + computer fee||167.63|
|License fee + computer fee||417.63|
|Medical exam fee||100|
|Driving test fee||400|