If you want to drive for a living you’ll need to have a Professional driver’s license which would allow you to drive a tricycle, jeep, taxi, bus, etc. (depending on the license restriction). If you’re looking forward to having a Professional driver’s license then below are the qualifications, requirements, and procedures to obtain one.
QUALIFICATIONS you need to apply for a Professional driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be literate in either Filipino or English
- Must be clean, neat and presentable (don’t wear underskirt/sando alone, sports shorts, and slippers during examinations and picture-taking)
- Must not be a drug user or an alcoholic
- Must not be afflicted with any disease such as epilepsy or seizure attacks.
REQUIREMENTS you need for a Professional driver’s license application
- Either a four-month-old Non-professional driver’s license or a six-month-old student permit
- For those who would use heavier vehicles, either a one-year-old Non-professional license or a six-month-old professional license driving light vehicles will do
- Filled out driver’s license application form (ADL)
- Medical certificate and negative drug test result that’s not more than 15-days old (from a DOH, LTO accredited drug testing center or hospital, or any duly licensed and practicing physician)
- Must have passed the practical driving exam.
- If employed: Taxpayer’s identification number (TIN)
STEPS and PROCEDURES to obtain a Professional driver’s license
- In your nearest LTO licensing center, proceed to the customer service counter and secure a driver’s license application form. You can also download the ADL form here and have it filled out before transacting to any LTO office.
- Get a checklist of requirements and a queue number from LTO customer service counter and wait for your number to be called.
- Once your number is called, go to the evaluator counter to submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
- When your name is called, proceed to where your photo and signature would be taken.
- Go to the cashier and pay the application fee.
- Wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
- After you’ve passed the practical exam, proceed to the waiting area and go to the cashier once your name is called and pay for all the necessary fees to obtain an official receipt (OR)
- Proceed to the releasing counter once your name is called and present the OR to claim your Professional driver’s license.
Fees and charges
|Fees and charges||Amount in Php|
|Application plus computer fee||167.63|
|License plus computer fee||652.63|
Carlos is an electrical engineer and an online marketer who has helped advocate driver education websites since 2012. He enjoys playing basketball and guitar on his spare time.